4.29.2014

i splurged.

so this week i decided i wanted to be cute, so i splurged a little and got a few new products. i am all about 'drugstore makeup products.' partly because i am a 'poor college student.' and also living in logan there are very few makeup places, besides ulta [heaven]. here are my favorite beauty must-haves and where to get them! 

1// Moroccan Moisture: you spray this wonderful mixture on damp hair and it helps split ends and damaged hair. which i love because my ends suck. i use to use moroccan oil, and this product is like a 1/4 of the price and works just as well.

2// Fructis Style Brilliantine Shine Glossing Spray: i love this stuff because it gives me the perfect shiny hair, without looking greasy. everyone loves some good shiny hair.

3// Not Your Mothers 'Beat The Heat Thermal Shield Spray': i have been looking for stuff like this forever, well not really, but a kind i really like. my hair is pretty thin and i like to protect it, so spraying this stuff on my hair before blow drying, straightening, or curling really helps protect it from the heat. its a must have for me since i either straighten or curl my hair most every day.

4// Not Your Mothers 'Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray': i have been dying to try this stuff forever! so i finally 'broke down' and bought some. i love that it give your hair texture and something to work with instead of having it be limp. i just spray some on before curling and it helps hold the curl.

5// Not Your Mothers 'Plump For Joy Thickening Hair Lifter': when i saw this at walmart i almost did 'plump/jump for joy.' my hair is so fine and thin that i am so happy i found this product, it gives it volume!! which i am ecstatic about. i am pretty sold on 'Not Your Mothers' products.

6// Aussie Sprunch: this is my favorite hairspray. i have never been a fan of the spray-spray. i like being able to do it in spurts and it has been my favorite and it holds so well, because usually my hair doesn't hold curl very well.

oh makeup i have loved you quite a bit recently. 
1// Milani Tantastic bronzer: i love me a good bronzer. I use to have the mineral bronzer by mac, but found that Milani's is much cheaper and just as great.

2// Mac foundation: i have loved Mac's foundation! i have been using it since high school and have yet to find one i love as much.

3// E.L.F. eyeshadow: 'enchanted' is the one on the left and 'bark' is the one of the right. they are both beautiful colors and go on so nicely. i have loved the shimmery effect they have on the eye. (i got them both at walmart for $3 each. i couldn't find them on the world wide web.)

4// H&M Palette: i got this palette for Easter and have loved using it ever since, especially the blush. both colors look lovely and are pretty universal. i was surprised that H&M had quality makeup and for a reasonable price too.

5// Hard Candy Top Ten Eyeshadows: i saw this beaut at the local walmart and loved the palette. it really reminded me of the Naked2 and it really drew me to it. i have loved experimenting with all the fun colors.

6// H&M Smokey Eyeshadows: since i have brown eyes i love wearing brown eye shadow. so this palette has been perfect for my eyes.

7// Clinique Sugar Sugar eyeshadow: it seems that they either discontinued this color or i just can't find it on the web, but i have used this color since middle school. I love it. it is white shimmery eyeshadow and makes my eyes pop. i use it everyday and i swear by it.

8// Translucent Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls: i use this as my highlighter on my cheeks and love it! it gives me that summer glowing look without looking greasy or oily.

9//
a) Babe Lash Serum: this is by far one of my favorite things. i love long eyelashes and this is perfect without getting extensions or always putting on fake ones. it is exactly like putting on liquid liner, but it is clear. i put it on right before i got to bed after i take off my makeup. you put it on your top eyelash line once a day. after a few weeks you will start to see the growth! mine have gotten crazy long and i love it. i wish i could give everyone some babe lash serum. (the babe lash serum is quite expensive, so i have found a cheaper one at walmart HERE and HERE.)

b) NYC Black Liquid Liner: i put this on everyday and this is my favorite liquid liner i've tried. liquid liner and cat eyes is my favorite!!

c) e.l.f. Pink Umbrella Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick: you can get this beauty at walmart for $2.00. it is the perfect shade of pink. it gives you just enough color, but still looks natural.

d) NYC Big Bold Plumping Lip Gloss: i've always wanted to try plumping lip gloss and so i have. i really like it. it make them look fuller and it is the perfect top coat to any lipstick.

10// Aloe Vera Mood Lipstick: i bought a 12 pack of this on amazon for $6.00. a few weeks ago and have loved it ever since! when i am feeling like i want to dress it up a little i throw some of this fabulous green lipstick on. yes it is green, but it doesn't go on green! it turns the perfect shade of pink/red for your skin tone. i have no idea how it's done, but it personalizes for every person. it's a must have for anyone who is a lipstick lover.

11// Covergirl Concealer stick/balm: i've never been a huge concealer girl, but that is because i have never tried it. i got the 'neutralizer' color and about cried when i used it. not really, but i loved it. it covered up my blemishes perfectly without looking cakey.


well there is the end of my long list of things i have recently come to love. i hope you at least try a couple of them! if you have any questions let me know.


Happiness Is...
  • having no classes this week
  • my husband ask me if could paint my toe nails, what a cutie
  • peeps, gosh they're good
  • naps, i think i'm their number one fan
  • hot baths, while watching netflix
  • sweaters in the spring
  • old navy sales, woo-hoo
  • nachos and rice. probably together, haven't tried it yet, but yum.

1 comment:

  1. You're making me want to run to the make-up isle right now!!

    Also, I also love the Not Your Mother's products :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete