1.07.2014

survival of firsts.

yesterday i survived my first day of the spring semester and first day back at work after the wonderful break. I sure have missed my 2nd graders, and they were extra crazy and cute! supposedly one 3rd grader acquired the belief that he is an crocodile over the break, or at least that's what he told me.

i also survived the first day of P90X with the husband, and it sure kicked my butt! we were suppose to work on back and chest, but we don't quite have a pull-up bar yet. so we worked on our legs...and i'm sure feeling it today. i feel like i can barely walk or squat. i guess that's what happens when you are slightly out of shape. thankfully that will change soon enough.

luckily i'm willing to work hard and i have someone to do P90X with. there is nothing worse than the thought of doing workout videos by yourself...that's why i'm glad i have my husband as my motivator. in the end it will be worth it, and "we'll be jacked" in the words of my husband. i just want to exercise and feel good again. i've eaten too much junk over the christmas break and haven't spent enough time running. after our hard-core workout we finished off with a smoothie and shower. 

wish me luck with P90X! i will try to keep you updated with my progress, and hopefully this new years resolution won't kill me in the process.

we have also kept up on our other new years goals. we have said our nightly prayer every night, and have read our scriptures ever night before we go to bed! i am quite proud of our little accomplishments and can't wait for them to continue!

in the words of my husband, "let's get jacked!"



1 comment:

  1. I need to to be better about working out! I loved p90x when I did it. What are your thoughts now that you are pretty well into it??

    ReplyDelete